When making upgrades to your Barron County home, you’ll want to keep future resale value in mind. Here are some of the most popular home features desired by today’s buyers, according to a recent, multi-study report by Kiplinger!
1. Laundry room. Beyond the basic washer and dryer, buyers want counter space for folding clothes and storage cabinets for supplies. Drawers for temporary storage of clean laundry is a plus. If you have the wall space, it isn’t too expensive to add these elements.
2. Energy-efficient features. First-time buyers are especially concerned about the utility costs to live in a home. When you decide to replace any appliances, windows or mechanical elements, keep energy efficiency in mind, and check the energy-star ratings.
3. Patio. Just about everyone would like enough room for an outdoor table, chairs and bbq grill. Adding a patio can be an inexpensive way to boost your home’s appeal to future buyers – and you can enjoy it yourself in the meantime.
4. Storage space. Garage storage for tools, lawn care items and toys is a big plus. You can improve what you already have with closet organizers and garage wall storage racks.
5. Exterior lighting. This is a practical upgrade as well as an aesthetic one. Lighting around walkways, driveways and parking areas can improve safety and deter theft. Solar lighting accents around porches, patios and landscaping create an upscale appearance.
Keep in mind that most remodeling projects don’t give you a dollar-for-dollar return when you sell. However, any upgrades that improve the livability and functionality of your home will help it hold value and improve its appeal to future buyers.
Thinking about selling your Barron County property? Ask for your free market consultation!
Six Lakes Realty offers the very best in real estate guidance! We are a locally-owned family business with over 40 years of experience. Our friendly, hometown service is just a call away!
John Flor CRS, GRI, ABR, RSPS, RRS, e-PRO
Team Lead / Property Marketing Specialist
Six Lakes Realty powered by Keller Williams Realty Diversified
Office: (715) 924-4806