Like much of Wisconsin, Barron County real estate is seeing higher demand as home buyers from afar enter rural markets. Thanks to work-from-home employment and detailed online listings, Barron County home buyers can be from just about anywhere.
To succeed, buyers need to be well-prepared. We can provide you with complete guidance for your price range and the locations that interest you! But before you begin your Northwest Wisconsin home search, know these 5 steps for successful home buying:
1. Get pre-approved for your mortgage. Know your purchase power up front! A mortgage pre-approval shows home sellers that you are qualified and sincere.
2. Know your priorities. Think about location, number of bedrooms and baths, lot size, and any requirements for a garage or outbuildings. You may not get everything on your list, but you’ll have an idea where to compromise.
3. Do not open new lines of credit during your home search, or at any point before closing. Do not add new charges to your credit cards if you can avoid it. Lenders will check your credit report before closing! If they don’t like something, your mortgage offer can fall through.
4. Be patient. Home searches take time, and new listings arrive on the market year-around.
5. When you do find the ideal home, make your best offer first! We will help you write an attractive offer that stays within your means.
When you have home buying questions, we’re here to help! Six Lakes Realty offers the very best in real estate guidance! We are a locally-owned family business with over 40 years of experience. Our friendly, hometown service is just a call away!
Six Lakes Realty
Office: (715) 924-4806