If you’ve been in the market for a Chetek area home, don’t call off your home search just yet! Statistically, fall is one of the best times to buy a home. Here’s why an autumn home purchase can save you time and money!
1. Less competition from other buyers. With children back in school and the days growing shorter, less motivated buyers are on the sidelines. They’ll return next spring – but in the meantime, buyers who remain in the market have better leverage!
2. Sellers are motivated this time of year! Hardy as we are in Northwestern Wisconsin, few people want to move their household in the middle of winter. Many sellers also wish to close before the end of the year for tax purposes or other financial reasons.
3. There are a number of great waterfront and water-access properties still on the market. There’s also a wide variety of affordable single-family homes that put you close to local amenities and year-around recreation!
4. If you are a real estate investor, closing on a property before year-end can give you opportunities for 2019 income tax breaks. Plus, you can improve your property in the off-season, and have it ready for renters or resale next spring! Talk to your professional tax preparer for specific guidance.
5. Mortgage bankers, home inspectors and contractors aren’t as busy in the fall and winter months. Generally, this means a more expedient home buying experience!
6. Mortgage interest rates remain near 3-year lows, helping your home buying dollar go further!
Ready to find your Chetek area home? Having the professional guidance of local real estate experts will help you succeed ! Six Lakes Realty is a locally-owned family business with over 40 years of experience in Northwest Wisconsin real estate! Call us today for friendly, hometown service!
Six Lakes Realty
Office: (715) 924-4806