The summer may be winding down, vacations wrapping up and the weather cooling off, but that doesn’t mean the fun is over in Chetek! The fall season is one of the most beautiful in Western Wisconsin and an excellent reason to visit the City of Lakes if you don’t already have the privilege of living here.
One event you’ll want to add to your calendar in early September is Chetek Harvest Fest, taking place on Friday, September 11 from 5 PM to 9 PM and Saturday, September 12 from 9 AM to 3 PM. With pie and chili contests, an arts and crafts fair, mud run, flea and farmers’ markets, live music and vendors, this annual festival is fun for the whole family and the perfect unofficial kickoff to the new season.
Chetek Harvest Fest has the following planned for this year’s event:
Friday, September 11
- 5 PM— Co-Ed Softball Tournament – City Field
Saturday, September 12
- 9 AM to 3 PM— Craft Show, Flea Market and Farmers’ Market – Downtown Chetek
- 9 AM— Red Cedar Charter School “Walk for the Environment” – City Beach
- 9 AM— Co-Ed Softball Tournament Continues – City Field
- 10:30 AM to 4 PM— Boy Scout Troop 29 Chicken Dinner – Main Street Park
- 11 AM to 1 PM— Chili and Pie Contest – Courtyard
- 1 PM— Kids Sawdust Coin Hunt – Next to Main Street Park
- 9 AM to 2 PM— Harvest Fest Car Show – Sterling Bank Parking Lot
- 2 PM— Judging and Trophies
- 2 PM to 3 PM— Mud Run Registration
- 3:30 PM— Mud Run – By Parker Hannifin
- 9 AM to 3 PM— Live Music by “Hot Rod”
- 1 PM to 4:30 PM— Chetek Area Museum Open
- 5:30 PM— Ball Drop and Bonfire to Follow
Summer is indeed coming to a close, but there is something to be enjoyed in the City of Lakes during every season! If you’ve been thinking about moving to a new home in Western Wisconsin or are ready to sell your Chetek property, give us a call today!
Six Lakes Realty
Office: (715) 924-4806